Anchorage Demographics Profile
|Population density (sq mi)||175||1||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||52%||53%||55%|
Did You Know?
- The population density in Anchorage is 14476% higher than Alaska.
- The median age in Anchorage is 2% lower than Alaska.
- In Anchorage 65.60% of the population is Caucasian.
- In Anchorage 5.90% of the population is African American.
- In Anchorage 8.48% of the population is Asian.
- It’s a good time to buy in Anchorage. Home Appreciation is up 2.3% in the last 12 months.
- The median home price in Anchorage is $293,200.
Quick Facts About Anchorage
The unemployment rate in Anchorage is 5.70 percent(U.S. avg. is 5.20%). Recent job growth is Positive. Anchorage jobs have Increased by 0.15 percent.
COST OF LIVING
Compared to the rest of the country, Anchorage’s cost of living is 35.20% Higher than the U.S. average.
As of 2014, Anchorage’s population is 298,695 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 31.97 percent.
Average Commute time is 20 minutes. The National Average is 26 minutes.
The median home cost in Anchorage is $293,200. Home appreciation the last 10 years has been 25.11%.
Anchorage public schools spend $16,123 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $12,383. There are about 16.6 students per teacher in Anchorage.